[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a single phone line

Job 317 job317 at mailvault.com
Mon Feb 7 11:51:22 MST 2005

I have asterisk installed on a linux workstation (1 phone in and 1 phone
out jack).

I want to configure Asterisk to show me any available data about any
calls (i.e. phone numbers, caller-id) as well as screen unwanted calls
to voice mail.

My first question is, what (if any) specific kernel support do I need? I
build my own kernels and I usually turn off telephony and isdn support.

Second, which document(s) discuss configuration of Asterisk for this
purpose?

Thanks,

Job