[Asterisk-Users] Re: iax2-jitter-trunking?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Feb 7 11:52:42 MST 2005

> > Given that two calls from A -> B are trunked using the context reference,
> > why would the return path for those two calls not be trunked?
>
> Asterisk looks at the "trunk=" for the peer its sending to.  So the
> "other" machine also needs trunk=yes on the type=peer/friend entry that
> matches.

I can understand the peer and outgoing calls, but still having a problem
understanding the "return" packets. Those return packets are not going to
refrence any context on that remote machine; the call is in progress, and
its simply returning audio. I would have expected the iax call setup to
negotiate whether trunking is supported, and if so, trunk in both directions.
But that's not what happens according to the sniffer traces.

Any other thoughts on why the return packets are not trunked?

Rich