[Asterisk-Users] Calls from SIP ATA to CO

Henry Ngai hngai at cox.net
Mon Feb 7 11:00:07 MST 2005

I am trying to setup an Asterisk based phone system where all extensions are on ATA running SIP protocol. And the CO lines are connected to Didium WildCards. I am using WildCard TDM400 for FXO connection to POTS line from SBC. I have tried different loop start signalings with the same result. The WildCard TDM400 has three FXO ports and one FXS port. I also have another X100P for an additional FXO port.

The problem happens when I attempt to dial an outside line from an extension. The extension is an analogue phone connected to a SIP ATA. About one in three attempts will go though. Other times I will get message from SBC that the call has failed.

I suspect Asterisk did not give enough time for the CO line to react to "Off-Hook" signal. Does anyone knows for sure? And if there is any parameter to change the time somewhere?

Henry Ngai