[Asterisk-Users] Call status after Answer

Scott Simpson ssimpson at watsys.com
Sun Feb 6 13:03:19 MST 2005

Hi,
I setup asterisk as an autoattendant.  When I call using IAX I get the
autoattendent okay, but when I dial one of the extensions, there is no
ringing sound passed back to the caller.

It happens when I use my DID number, but I also configured a context so I
can get it to happen with Firefly (iax client) as the caller.  It seems that
once the Answer command is executed in the dialplan, status commands
(RINGING, etc) aren't passed back through the IAX channel.

My only workaround has been to use music on hold instead of making a ringing
sound.

Has anyone seen this, or a solution.  It seems basic, but I have been
working all day on it.

I've tried this with 1-0-2, 1-0.5 and the head version, but all behave the
same.  The IAX trace shows that RINGING is getting sent back to the client.

Thanks