[Asterisk-Users] iax2-jitter-trunking?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 6 10:45:30 MST 2005

Two cvs-head asterisk boxes with iax2 working fine (without register
statements).

When two calls are placed simultanously from system A -> B and the packets
are sniffed on the wire, I see the two calls using two different udp
packets. At the top of iax.conf I have trunk=yes and jitterbuffer=yes
(at both ends).

I was expecting to see both calls handled within a single udp packet,
but that's not happening. Each iax2 packet is 79 bytes using ethereal.

I've tried the trunk=yes both within the inbound context and at the top
of the iax.conf file (assuming the one at the top would be used for all
outbound iax calls that don't reference a context). Calls are placed
with:
 exten => _2.,1,Dial(IAX2/user:passwd at 1.2.3.4/${EXTEN:1})

Is trunking dependent upon the use of 'register'? Or, dependent on the
above exten=>_2., referencing a context (instead of the IP directly)?