[Asterisk-Users] Question about X100P card

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 6 06:01:17 MST 2005

> Is "X100P" card suitable to VoIP? and if "yes", am i need to only "X100P"
> and "Asterisk" Package? or i need also to other cards or packages?
> and if  "X100P" card not suitable to VoIP, please recommend a another card,
> (please take in your account that i would like to connect standard analog
> line to the card directly).

The x100p card was designed to work with the US telephone standards
(600 ohm line impedence) and will likely cause echo if used in other
countries. I don't have a clue whether Egypt telephone standards are
the same as the US; probably not.

The TDM04B card (four fxo ports) was designed to work with telephone
standards in most countries. You should consider using that card instead
and you will find it at www.digium.com web site. Each TDM card can have
up to four daughter modules on it, and each module can be either a
fxs module (for connecting to standard telephones) or fxo (for connection
to telephone lines that come from your telephone company). To order a
card with only one line, the part number would be TDM01B.

A Linux PC with a TDM card installed and asterisk code will work just
fine for small installations. Nothing else required.