[Asterisk-Users] inter asterisk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 6 04:21:41 MST 2005

> I am trying to forward calls to another * server with IAX
> Here is What I want to Do
> 1- Call SERVER1, let say at 51412345678
> 2- SERVER1 should transfer the call to SERVER2 in a remote location
> 3- SERVER2 Receive the call and transfer it to the PSTN number.
>
> I have one X100P  card on each machine. What is happening is that when the remote party picks
up the phone, all he can hear
> is a weird sound.
>
> CONFIGS:
>
>  SERVER1:
>   zaptel.conf
>    ---------------------------------------------
>    ~ [channels]
>    ~ language=fr
>    ~ context=montréal
>    ~ signalling=fxs_ks
>    ~ usercallerid=yes
>    ~ callwaiting=yes
>    ~ threewaycalling=yes
>    ~ transfer=yes
>    ~ cancellforward=yes
>    ~ echocancel=yes
>    ~ echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>    ~ echotraining=yes
>    ~ relaxdtmf=yes
>    ~ busydetect=yes
>    ~ busycount=4
>    ~ callprogress=yes
>    ~ group=1
>    ~ channel=>1
>    -------------------------------------------------- (same for SERVER2)
>
>   IAX.conf
>    ------------------------------------------------
>    ~ [general]
>    ~ bindport=4569
>    ~ delayreject=yes
>    ~ language=fr
>    ~ allow=all
>    ~ jutterbuffer=no
>    ~ register => username:password at server2.domain.com
>    ~ tos=lowdelay
>    ~ autokill=yes
>    ~
>    ~ [quebec]
>    ~ type=friends
>    ~ username = username
>    ~ password=password
>    ~ context=montréal
>    ~ host=Dynamic
>    ~ secret = password
>    ~ disallow = all
>    ~ allow=ulaw
>    ~ allow=gsm
>
>   extensions.conf
>    ------------------------------------------(Same for SERVER2 but no registration)
>    ~ [general]
>    ~ static=yes
>    ~ writeprotect=yes
>    ~ autofallthrough=yes
>    ~ [montréal]
>    ~ exten=>s,1,Answer
>    ~ exten=>s,2,Playback(message-transfer)
>    ~ exten=>s,3,Dial(IAX2/username:password at SERVER2.DOMAIN.COM/51412345678 at montréal) ; always
the same number
>    ~ exten=>s,4,Hangup
>

> My remote server receive the call, answer the line and then Dial(ZAP/1/51412345678). So far so
good. But when 51412345678 pickup the phone,
> all she can hear is a weird sound.
> What am I doing wrong ?

Difficult to tell without some feedback from the CLI. If you actually
copy/pasted the above config statements, I'm assuming you manually
added all those "~" at the front of each line. If they are actually
in your config, get rid of them.

The statement "jutterbuffer=no" should be jitterbuffer=no.

One thing you might try to at least eliminate possible problems is
to change iax.conf to disallow=all and allow=gsm only. Get rid of
the allow=ulaw and do another test. Might as well add trunk=no
to this link as well. (Must stop and restart * after making these
type changes.)

You might try 'iax2 debug' from the CLI on both machines and look at
the detail to see if you can spot any conflicts or problems.