[Asterisk-Users] Question about VoIP providers

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Sat Feb 5 13:43:53 MST 2005

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of any Canadian VoIP providers that offer all of the
following:

1. DIDs in Canada, U.S., and Europe
2. BYOD (i.e. connect to Asterisk directly)
3. Setting of CallerID for outgoing calls
4. Multiple concurrent calls per account (or some other method to
accommodate many concurrent outgoing calls)

I've checked out the Wiki and there doesn't appear to be any Canadian
providers that currently offer the above.

BTW, do any VoIP providers support call centre type of environments
where the vast majority of calls (98%) are outgoing?  My biggest client
(not currently using Asterisk, but may be shortly) is an investor
relations firm, and they raise funds (among other services) for their
clients.  This entails massive amounts of outgoing calls.

They have 12 employees, and will be adding a few more, topping out at
around 15.  I would say about 13 to 14 of those employees would need to
be able to place outgoing calls concurrently.

1. How does this work in the VoIP world?  Is it as simple as ordering
another account and just setting it up in the dialling plan?

2. If multiple accounts are the answer, how then do they all tie in with
one phone number?

Thanks,

Ranbir
--