[Asterisk-Users] cannot dial non-local numbers (junghanns QuadBRI cards)

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat Feb 5 10:17:27 MST 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, MvB wrote:

> I have tested the asterisk and hardware in the same set up at a
> geographical different location where it does work. I am pretty much
> stuck now.
>
> It seems that the progress indicator 1e 02 82 81 is the problem saying
> the call is not end-to-end ISDN.

No, that is a normal message. See below for the error. If you had posted
the RELEASE message or even the whole ISDN conversation it would have been
more obvious what went wrong.

> I use bristuff-0.2.0-RC5 from Junghanns(includes zaptel 1.0.4, libpri
> 1.0.4 and asterisk 1.0.5. I use the standard zapata.conf that goes with
> it and it is like:
>
> [channels]
> switchtype = euroisdn
> pridialplan = local
> prilocaldialplan = local
> echocancel = yes
> immediate=no

The "local" Type Of Number is almost never to be used. The three commonly
used are "national", "international" and "unknown". National means that
the number has no leading country code and most often no leading zero.
International numbers can not be dialed. International means that the
number must start with a country code. Unknown means that the digits are
to be interpreted like a number dialed on a standard phone.

Usually "unkown" is the best bet, at least in EuroISDN-land.

"local" is actually the "subscribe number" term from the isdn
specification. From what I can see in i.330 it is the last part of a full
phone number, but may contain more digits than the ddi.

See table 4-9 in the q.931 specification if you are interested in the
exact definitions.

Peter