[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe & ztdummy

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:33:54 MST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:50:15 -0800 (PST), Matthew Laird <zapa at luther.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 rsenykoff at harrislogic.com wrote:
>
> > I've heard that 2.6 kernel does not need usb hardware for ztdummy to
> > function. Maybe someone else can confirm... although this would require a
> > complete reinstall for you.
>
> Yes, the unfortunate part is this is a headless box somewhere in Virginia
> I don't have access to.  So I'm limited on what I can do.... I don't know
> how else I can get conference calls to work.  I'm open to opinions. :)

The 2.4 kernel requires the usb-uhci module in order to obtain timing
from the USB module on your motherboard. This has to be a UHCI and not
OHCI based chip or ztdummy will not work. As was mentioned earlier,
you can also use a 2.6 kernel as the timing can be obtained from the
kernel.

If neither of these options are possible you are out of luck for a
timing interface for conferencing.

Thanks,