[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe & ztdummy

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Fri Feb 4 11:52:30 MST 2005

Matthew Laird wrote:
> I'm running into a bit of a problem setting up conference calls.  The box
> I rent at a colo doesn't seem to have USB hardware.... When I try to load
> usb-uhci I receive a "device does not exist" error.  Which means I can't
> load ztdummy....
>
> The system has a rtc clock module, so zaprtc won't work... (which I'm
> scared to unload rtc because I don't have physical access to the
> machine...)
>
> I've tried app_conference, but it doesn't seem to have been updated for
> the latest release of Asterisk.
>
> So, I'm stuck.... can anyone advise me on how I can get some form of
> conference calling given all these factors?
>
> Thanks.
sadly your choices are limited.

either...

make sure there is someone at the colo to help in case you hose rtc.

send them a digium card to toss in it.

buy your own box to be colo'd and mod it before it goes.

(i'm sure there are other methods)
but if you can't do the above, i think you will be in for a rough
ride.  because, when something goes wrong, and it will... you'll
be in the same boat.

good luck