[Asterisk-Users] BRI in the US?

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri Feb 4 10:02:10 MST 2005

> OK, I asked this about a week back and met with no repsonse at all. But
> perhaps its worth trying again.
>
> Does anyone on-list have * running BRI to their local telco? I'm
> considering this as an alternative to my TDM400p card.

No, and I've been looking for this for a while now.  I'm seriously
considering running them into a Cisco 26XX with a ISDN VIC BRI card
and seeing if that works.  This one bit of the puzzle is the big thing
stopping us from going to a VoIP solution, which I'd really like to do.

I've even tried things like hooking up a Sipura 3000 to the POTS ports on
a Netgear RT338, but that doesn't work reliably, since the Sipura seems to
have some trouble detecting line state properly (probably the Netgear's
*fault*, but it works fine with our analog phones).

... JG