[Asterisk-Users] Good 800 Number provider

Brandon Patterson siptech at livevoip.com
Fri Feb 4 09:57:05 MST 2005

Any 800 number can be ported. People have ported away from every company
I know of. Yes even Vonage. It may take time, the carrier many times will
drag
their feet but you can port the number away. The key is to make certain that
the
number is yours. You need a bill with your name or company name on it as
proof
of ownership. In the end it might be a fight but, you can obtain the number.
The
RESPORG comment is correct. There is a proper way of doing this but, the
fact
is you can do it. At LiveVoip we suspended LNP from customers that wanted to
transfer 800 numbers to us because we had one person calling carriers all
the time.
As of today we now have people who do nothing but this so we are now
accepting
800 LNP from anyone in the USA. If a person of company buys service the 800#
is theirs not the property of LiveVoip. As long as the paperwork is done the
number
can be moved. Does the system need to be improved? It would be nice.

Brandon Patterson
LiveVoip LLC

** How long to port? We suggest people give it at least 1 week.