[Asterisk-Users] OT: How to "own" a telephone number?

Jeremy Kitchen kitchen at scriptkitchen.com
Fri Feb 4 09:39:09 MST 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 08:00 am, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > Is providing the ability to assign numbers to people instead of to
> > locations really that hard?  Is it really so much easier for Internet
> > domains to do it?  Or is this just an oligarchy at work?  :)

[snip]

> Billing is based on
> this, too.  If people could move numbers around willy-nilly, you'd never
> know if you were making a long-distance call or not.

so many phone companies are offering free long distance anymore to compete
with cell phones (and of course, most, if not all cell phones are free long
distance) that I think we'll get to a point where anyone in the US will be
able to call anyone in the US without paying extra.

Then there are always services like Vonage... :)

I plan to get an asterisk server set up and bring in vonage (or similar) and
FWD for carrier service.  Should be a nice fun little project.

-Jeremy

  jeremy at inter7.com ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:kitchen at scriptkitchen.com