[Asterisk-Users] T.38 bounty

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Feb 4 09:17:42 MST 2005

So..need to modify the chan_sip and chan_h323 to recognize the T38 audio?

That makes it sound more like T38 is a codec like 711/729 rather than a
protocol like SIP/H323; is that right?

The feature page for the new Sipura-2100 says this:

  "Fax - G.711 Pass-Through or Real Time Fax over IP via T.38"

So is that actually read as "Real Time Fax over IP via T.38 using SIP"?

This is where my confusion starts; I don't know if T38 is a protocol or a
codec...

-Matthew