[Asterisk-Users] manager api - Async:True?

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Feb 4 08:25:14 MST 2005

Asterisk 1.0.3 / TE410 / ISDN/PRI Zap channels

As I understand it using the "Async: True" in an
originate action is supposed do a "Fast Originate"

"originate a call from a channel to an extension without waiting
for call to complete".

I'm finding no difference using Async or not, calls
always wait for completion before connecting to extensions.

Don't know if I'm missing something or if this
just doesn't work when using ISDN channels and
the ISDN signaling is overriding completion?

I'm trying to do exactly what this feature is
meant to do, connect channel->exten before completion.

Any ideas?