[Asterisk-Users] Call forwarding

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Feb 4 08:09:38 MST 2005

Adam Robins wrote:

> What I would like to do is take the variable containing the number
> retrieved from CFIM, place it on the stack as the called number, and
> have it reenter the dial plan, similar to the WAITEXTEN command.

Easy-peasy. That's what Local channels are for.

If you have retrieved the CFIM value into a variable called CFIM, and
the user's phone would normally dial via a context called
"customer-dial", then:

exten => ...,...,Dial(Local/${CFIM}@customer-dial)

This will process the call exactly the same way as if the phone user had
dialed that number from their phone.