[Asterisk-Users] Microsoft RTC Client SDK with Asterisk

Jeremy Davis jmd at jvf.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 05:59:29 MST 2005

I'm using the the Microsoft Real-Time Communications Client API SDK
using Visual Studio 6 and . NET 2003 SE to make SIP calls. Using the
examples provided I can make unregistered SIP calls fine, however I am
having trouble registering with Asterisk.

I have to produce an XML Profile to use when registering with a
registrar. The one I use is...

<provision key="5B29C449-29EE-4fd8-9E3F-04AED077690E"
           name="Asterisk">
    <user account="jmd"  />
    <sipsrv addr="1.0.1.7"
            protocol="udp"
            auth="basic"
            role="registrar">
        <session party="first" type="pc2pc" />
        <session party="first" type="pc2ph" />
        <session party="first" type="ph2ph" />
    </sipsrv>
</provision>

Anyway I fail to create my profile. In fact Asterisk doesn't even seem
to get anything at all from my test program.

Has anyone any experience using the Microsoft RTC Client that could
provide an example please? TIA

Jerry