[Asterisk-Users] Q: charge info on E1-PRI

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Feb 4 02:55:17 MST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Frank Sautter wrote:

> how can the charge info from a E1-PRI be received and be forwarded to a
> classic PBX?

Advice Of Charge, see the standard q.956 clause 2. There are several
flavours: AOC-S gives the expected per time unit charge at the start of
the call and any time the tarrif changes. AOC-D gives a running total
during the call. AOC-E reports the total at the end of the call.

These are dscribed in an ASN.1 notation. I think some other functions like
this are starting to make an appearance in libpri. Passing it around
asterisk would need a few new data structures and a new frame type, I
think.

Peter