[Asterisk-Users] Multi Office Configuration

Nathan Alberti na at nathanalberti.com
Fri Feb 4 15:33:02 MST 2005

We currently have an office which has a happily working Asterisk setup
and all is good. We are looking to deploy the same solution to our other
5 offices, my question relates to the interconnections between all those
sites. The requirement is seamless dialing of extensions and the ability
to have members of multiple offices participate in call queues. I wish
to keep the configuration as simple and easy to troubleshoot as possible.

The options I see are as follows:

1) IAX trunks between all offices in a full mesh configuration
    - This is probably the most workable and easy to set up but quite a
bit of config and not a "dynamic" as I'd like it.

2) DUNDi
    - Concerns about its maturity and I found it hard to trouble shoot,
there was not allot of documentation available. I got it working
successfully but I'm not 100% sure its the way to go.

3) Configure internal DNS servers for ENUM and have asterisk use this
for call routing.
    - Don't know enough about it yet to test but from what I have read
it might be a possibility.

4) "Switch" configuration on all stub servers back to the central
Asterisk box.

Does anyone have any examples of how they have configured Asterisk in a
similar situation or better ideas that the ones above ?