[Asterisk-Users] MWI with IAX

Dan danto at rdslink.ro
Fri Feb 4 00:01:28 MST 2005

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: <timebandit001 at gmail.com>
>> Does the MWI feature work with IAX2? I have read where it should but
>> cannot
>> get the indicator to work on any of the IAX softphones that I have tried
>> which have this feature. I even did an IAX debug and did not see where
>> and
>> indication was sent to the phone when it registered.
>>From what I know, * return a pseudo-boolean value with your
> registration acknoledge.
> - If you have messages, it returns 65535
> - if you have none, it returns 0
> - if you don't have a voicemail box, it returns -1
>
>>    MESSAGE COUNT   : 65535

It works with DIAX. You must check to have in iax.conf a line like:

mailboxdetail=yes

and for that specific account you want to get that info a line like:

mailbox=12345

Then you will get both new and old message count.
More, with DIAX you get this info for each registration server (till 8)
separately.

If you have further problems, drop me a mail.

Best regards,
Dan
http://www.laser.com/dante