[Asterisk-Users] E1's and span - what questions to ask my service provider

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Thu Feb 3 11:56:01 MST 2005

I am planning to go in for a E1 line and whould like to know what questions i
need to ask my service provider so i can connect that E1 to my asterisk box
using the digium E1 card.

what I mean is will my service provider give me info like LBO, framing ,
coding etc which i need to configure the span tag in the zaptel.conf

and what about B and D channels am I allowed to setup whichever channel I
like as my D channel or is that preset by my E1 service provider ?

Also does anyone have any experience in setting up a asterisk box to be the
NET end of the E1 line which is connected to a alcatel 400 pbx?

--
regards
Vikram (http://www.vicramresearch.com)