[Asterisk-Users] How to charge for Asterisk installations andongoing support?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Thu Feb 3 15:10:53 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm just wondering how other people cost/charge for * boxes
> they have installed in small businesses?
>
> Asterisk is such a complex beast and is capable of so much it
> seems equally complex to figure out a charging model!?

I agree.

> I'm contemplating installing a pair of servers at a small
> company with two separate locations, one main aim is to
> provide a IAX link between the two but I'm sure they will want other
> features!?

Once they find out what it can do, they maight want all kinds of things.

> Renting vs purchasing? Support contracts? etc?

Absolutely!

> Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom about this topic they are
> happy to share?

There was a discussion about this on the -biz list. That's probably the
better venue, as this list is more technically oriented.

It's a good question, though: every system is like a custom app, so
pricing will have to take into account how much development is going to
be required.