[Asterisk-Users] Re: E&M Wink problems

Aidan Van Dyk aidan at ifax.com
Thu Feb 3 14:20:00 MST 2005

* creslin at digium.com <creslin at digium.com> [050203 15:52]:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:08:57PM -0500, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> > * Dennis Walker <dwalker at jackson-tube.com> [050203 13:59]:
> > > Try setting
> > >
> > > emdigitwait=500
> > >
> > > this is the time it waits for DTMF digits on a E&M T1 channel
> >
> > This only came into CVS-HEAD on Jan 6:
> > 	http://asterisk.bkbits.net:8080/asterisk-cvs/cset@41dd4ebdp3-IRNZYoA5GkxzQ5pooFA
> >
> > Any chance of this being applied to the 1.0 branch as well?  Or will I
> > have to carry this change locally?
>
> I wouldn't think it would be back-ported to CVS-STABLE, unless you can
> convince Russell that it's not a "new feature".  Stable branch is meant
> to not change a lot... i.e. "new features" don't go in.

I don't think it's a feature at all.  It's a "bug fix".  1.0 has a
hard-coded value of 250 ms for waiting on EM digits.  The patch I wanted
to post (neither of the ones  I posted actually didt it - it's been a
long day) just adds the "emdigitwait" config to zap channels which
changes the hard-coded 250 to a configurable variable.

I can send another patch which just changes it to 2000 (which seems to
be the minimum value needed with our board), and I wouldn't consider
that a feature either...

But I would consider handling extra events a new "feature":
  http://asterisk.bkbits.net:8080/asterisk-1.0-cvs/cset@1.3762?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-7d

Or changing format of emails that get sent (change breaks things):
  http://asterisk.bkbits.net:8080/asterisk-1.0-cvs/cset@1.3746?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-14d

It's Russell's call, and he decides what's going in.  I'm Just putting
in my request.  I'm perfectly capable of carrying that patch myself, I
just desire not to ;-)

Either way, we can't use asterisk (1.0 branch) without that hard-coded
value "fixed" in some way.  We'll make sure it's fixed in what we use.

Verdict Russell? ;-)

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan at ifax.com
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103