[Asterisk-Users] Calling Asterisk Autoattendant With SIP Phone

Chamberland-Larose, Guillaume guillaume at ea.com
Thu Feb 3 12:28:26 MST 2005

I believe the web page should be modified to include a huge, red, bold,
blinking "please read the asterisk handbook available here and search
the wiki and mail archives before you post a message to the list". That
would prevent so many questions on how and where to start when first
installing asterisk. :s

So, I would suggest you check out the asterisk handbook here:
http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf

Page 56 to 61 explain in lots of detail and give a working example of
sip.conf with 1 phone and 1 voip provider. The whole thing is good to
read though so you might as well read the whole thing (quickly) hehe.

The handbook assumes you know nothing about asterisk and pretty much
everything else. You shouldn't have to spend more than 15 minutes
configuring this.

Guills

  _____