[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G phone crashes during SIP upgrade

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 3 07:26:56 MST 2005

Nicholas:

  You need to "convert" from SCCP to SIP by loading  image_version: P0S30202
first. Use the OS79XX.TXT file to specify this version. After that
upgrade to
each newer release  P0S30203, P0S3-03-2-00, etc in the same fashion. Going
from 6.3 to 7.0 the loader process changes. You need the OS79XX.TXT file,
the SIP<mac>.cnf and SEP<mac>.cnf.xml for the phone. From 7.1 on you
don't need the OS79XX.TXT file anymore.