[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAX2 Rejected connection attempt (voiptalk.org)

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 07:10:57 MST 2005

Tony Mountifield wrote:

>Mark Benson <mark.benson at iqit.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Have a problem that I have been battling with for a few days now with
>>help from voiptalk.org support.but I thought someone here might have
>>seen this before.
>>
>>I have an asterisk box running on a real non nat'ed ip address with an
>>incoming number from voiptalk.org on IAX2.
>>
>>The problem I am seeing with or without firewall rules in place (port
>>4569 udp open or all ports open ie firewall rules flushed) is rejected
>>connection attempt from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which is voiptalks IAX server...
>>

>Where is this message coming from? Asterisk? kernel IPtables? Also, where
>is it appearing?  e.g. /var/log/messages, console, or Asterisk log file.
>
>What does your iax.conf look like?
>
>Cheers
>Tony

The message is on the asterisk console - this is all I see even if iax2
debug is on and verbose is 30+

iax.conf looks like this.... (more or less - comments removed)

[general]
bindport=4569

allow=all                       ; same as bandwidth=high
disallow=lpc10

jitterbuffer=no

[voiptalk]
type=peer
username=xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxx
context=default
host=iax.voiptalk.org

[08700nnnnnn]
type=peer
username=08700nnnnnn
context=default
host=iax.voiptalk.org

Last two items as per voiptalks' instructions (user and pass and 0870 no
removed for list)