[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Rejected connection attempt (voiptalk.org)

Mark Benson mark.benson at iqit.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 02:59:14 MST 2005

Hi all,

Have a problem that I have been battling with for a few days now with
help from voiptalk.org support.but I thought someone here might have
seen this before.

I have an asterisk box running on a real non nat'ed ip address with an
incoming number from voiptalk.org on IAX2.

The problem I am seeing with or without firewall rules in place (port
4569 udp open or all ports open ie firewall rules flushed) is rejected
connection attempt from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which is voiptalks IAX server...

The real killer here is that this was all working but my inter asterisk
sip connections were not transmitting voice, after changing
canreinvite=no to canreinvite=yes in sip.conf the sip connections
started sending/receiving voice ok but the incoming calls were being
rejected. I can also dial out on voiptalks IAX connection happily. And
just to be sure I changed the canreinvite back the problem remains.

I have all but rebooted the box. I have restarted asterisk and checked
everything again, but I just can't see why this is happening.

Cheers,

Mark