[Asterisk-Users] tuning for ulaw g.711 - Polycom IP500

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Wed Feb 2 22:38:41 MST 2005

tuning for ulaw g.711 - Polycom IP500

I've got QoS ironed out at this point (dedicated section of bandwidth with
VoIP having priority), yet ulaw is still unusable due to small 'holes' in
the audio. Running iperf tests shows packet loss at very low percentages
(< 0.02 %), and when we do drop, it's only 1 packet at a time. I thought
ulaw was supposed to handle this OK. Currently we're running GSM even
though we've got 3Mb up/down for an office of 14 people. I'd sure like to
get them ulaw quality.

Are there any tuning parameters for Asterisk or the Polycom phones that
I'm not aware of? I've got my sip.conf done according to the wiki.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Ron