[Asterisk-Users] Using Asterisk to Find a Live Person

Wed Feb 2 15:50:16 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 23:33 +0100, Bruno Hertz wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 14:21 -0800, Aaron Glenn wrote:
> > That's the least ambiguous subject I could muster. I'm relatively new
> > to Asterisk and while I'm certain there is a way to do this, I'm
> > unsure how. My question is this: How do I take an incoming call, put
> > the person on hold, and in the background (i.e. while they are on
> > hold) begin  trying other phone numbers until someone answers?
>
> The feature you are looking for is call queues:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+call+queues

Or just something simple like this:
exten => s,1,PlayBack(tt-monkeys)
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g1/xxxxxxxx,20,m)
exten => s,3,Dial(Zap/g1/yyyyyyyy,15,m)
exten => s,4,Dial(Zap/g1/nnnnnnnn,20,m)

Basically, it will call the first person for 20 seconds and play
musiconhold, then the second person for 15 seconds and play music, then
the third person for 20s and play music.

As soon as any of the people answer, it will connect the two calls, and
when they hangup, it won't continue.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev