[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2 / RT31P2 + multiple G.729 calls

Phil Quinney phil at any-ideas.com
Wed Feb 2 15:40:26 MST 2005

On 2 Feb 2005, at 22:14, Matthew Boehm wrote:

> eh..
>
> they told me it was a CPU problem. that v1 of the pap2na didn't have
> the
> horsepower to transcode 2 channels.
>
> anyone know if the Sipura 2100 can do 2 simul 729 calls?

Yes, the SPA-2100 can do two simultaneous G.729 calls. Support for this
was added in the recent 2.0.5 firmware. Previous versions of the
firmware only did one call of G.729 and had echo problems.

I would imagine Sipura will be releasing an SPA-2001 that adds combines
the features of the 2000 and the added horsepower of the 2100 but
without the router. That will then get rebranded the PAP2v2.

Phil.