[Asterisk-Users] MoH does not de-attach

Pablo Alsina palsina at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:24:09 MST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:29:53 +0100, Philipp von Klitzing
<klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > The transfer is always successful, but sometimes (lets say bout 50% of
> > the times), the MusicOnHold does not "de-attach" itself from the call,
>
> Maybe a good start for an investigation is to try a different softphone
> for the operator and see if it makes a difference. Then put Asterisk into
> "sip debug" mode and see what is happening, try to find out why it
> happens at times, and why at other times it doesn't - where is the
> difference?

We tried to put the * into sip debug mode, but as its a production
system, a lots of messages gets into the log. What should we be
looking for? I know very little about the SIP protocol messages, so
its hard the get into the relevant part. Also, what would be a good
way to log those messages. Right know I'm redirecting the output of a
"asterisk -rc" into a logfile, but some control-characters gets in the
way, making some parts of the log useless.

> This is a very strange problem, never heard of something like this before
> - which makes me believe that your NEC PBX could be part of the problem.
> Anyway, it would help if you stated which Asterisk version you are using.

Sorry about that, we are using version 1.0.3. Saw today that 1.0.5 is
available, maybe we should upgrade. We also had the same problem with
some SIP to SIP transfer, so the ZAP lines connected to the NEC PBX
seems to be ok.

Also, we changed the way our callcenter answers the calls, we are now
using Queues, but still using "SIP transfers" as "# Transfers" cannot
be "announced" to the extension you are transfering into. Maybe we are
doing something wrong here.

Thanks for your help. I keep you posted as we make more tests.

Cheers,
Pablo