[Asterisk-Users] Outlook Integration

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Feb 2 13:57:34 MST 2005

Dan Adams wrote:

 > Are you going to be making this one available to all. I am not sure if

Yes.

 > or how it is possible, but maybe you would be able to have it so that
if you right click on the contact, it has an option to iniate a call from

Well, you drag the contact from outlook onto one of the speed dial
buttons.  Then when you click on the contact it checks the length of the
phone number and prepends any digits necessary (i.e. a 4 digit number
will be dialed as it, whereas a 7 digit number will have 9 prepended if
it 9 is the predial code).

 > there. If I may ask, trying to think how the thing you are making
will interact with my asterisk server, would it use the telnet utility
or some sort of .call file thing?

Telnet basically to the manager interface then uses originate to create
calls.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell