[Asterisk-Users] load balancing 20 asterisk servers

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Feb 2 13:43:44 MST 2005

> I beleive what you're looking for is a scalable SIP proxy, like SER :)
> That way, all clients registers to SER and SER redirects the caller to
> one of the asterisk boxes. Search the wiki at voip-info.org for
> "asterisk at large" :)

    Yes, that is one of the many pages I've read. But we still have a
problem. Take a look at this image to get a better idea of my "end goal".

    http://drmac.homeunix.net/images/load_balancer.jpg

For growth, all you do is add more SER and more Asterisk boxes.

But if Asterisk won't work correctly with the load balancing due to packet
movement, then I need to approach this differently.

-Matthew