[Asterisk-Users] Disabling native bridging for IAX calls

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 2 10:03:07 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 14:36 +0000, Gareth Blades wrote:

> If that is the case then it seems a serious limitation as it makes call
> parking and attended transfers unusable.
> Your only choice is to use the IAX native transfer where you cannot
> speak to the recipient before transfering the call.

OK, first let's clarify what * we're talking about, which is stable
1.0.5 in my case (especially there's no attended transfer feature).

As to the implications of unpreventable bridging I'm not sure. All I
know is that with notransfer=no * first tries bridging and then
transfer, where the latter usually fails in my case for whatever reasons
(NAT? iaxclient?)

So I disabled transfer per notransfer=yes for all my peers, and in this
case * still tries and succeeds in bridging when channel codecs are the
same. Apparently, this then prevents * from interpreting dtmf signals,
especially # for blind transfer.

Finally, to my knowledge and after (the usual) thorough doc, web and
archives searches, there seems to be no way to prevent bridging.

Regards, Bruno.