[Asterisk-Users] (OT:) Tool for trying/troubleshooting WAN/LAN

Lars Fredriksson lars at jpl.se
Wed Feb 2 09:39:42 MST 2005

Hi folks!

This is sort of OT but I thought maybe someone had a tip for me. What
I'm looking for is a tool that I can install on two computer for
example, put one on each side of the customers WAN and "try" the
connection - simulalate x calls (using codec xxx) and get statistics out
of it (delays, jitter, dropped packets and that sort of things).

I have looked at ethertap (to debug the LAN traffic) and iperf but I
don't know if it might help me.

Is there anyone that have done such things and have any tip on software
to use?

Thanks a lot for any reply!

Regards, Lars Fredriksson