[Asterisk-Users] IAXy Configuration for Alternate Server

Adams, Gavin-ML gadams-ml at promisant.com
Wed Feb 2 07:07:00 MST 2005

Hi,

I've provisioned an IAXy adapter on a network segment local to my
asterisk server. Provisioning is fine, as is the registration and use of
said device. Since the local address is private address space, I setup
the public IP address of my Asterisk server as the alternate. When
taking it to another location (NAT again behind a WRT54G), it doesn't
seem to work. Here's my current iaxprov.conf file that I downloaded to
said IAXy:

[default]
server=172.16.200.3
altserver=65.x.x.x
codec=ulaw
flags=register,heartbeat
tos=lowdelay

[iaxy1]
user=iaxy1
pass=xxxxxx
template=default

And the IAXY is online:

coke*CLI> iax2 show peers
Name/Username    Host                 Mask             Port      Status
iaxy1            172.16.200.38   (D)  255.255.255.255  4569      OK (3
ms)
voicepulse       66.234.228.132  (S)  255.255.255.255  4569      OK (34
ms)

Any pointers on how the altserver logic works? Optimal solution is that
when local is registers against the private address space of my server
and when on the road hits the alternate, or public IP address of my
Asterisk server.

Oh, apologies for the earlier test messages, my system admin was testing
"send on behalf". Grrr.

Regards,

--- Gavin Adams
Promisant (USA) Inc.