[Asterisk-Users] Re: Terrible inbound call quality vs. outbound

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Feb 2 03:04:23 MST 2005

Rather than changing random * parameters without a clue as to what
the root-cause of the problem is, why not fire up ethereal and take
a close look at the iax packets? You should see timestamps within
the packet that are exactly 20 milliseconds apart. If you see other
values, then VP is having some sort of transcoding problem with a
machine on their end. Doubtfull it would take long to ID the root
cause.