[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi and G711u

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:05:59 MST 2005

Hello all,

I've got an AVM Fritz!Card PCI that I'm using with Asterisk under
chan_capi (0.3.5)

Phones on our internal network all use g711u. I'm aware the chan_capi
uses g711a by default.

To reduce the need for transcoding, I decided to make everything use
the same codec.

First I changed all the phones (Cisco models 7905G, 7940G and ATA 186
all running SIP) to g711a, but it seemed to break the echo suppressor
in the ATA 186, so that wasn't a viable option.

I then noticed the following in the chan_capi Makefile:
# uncomment the next line if you are in the ulaw world
#CFLAGS+=-DCAPI_ULAW

I tried that and recompiled, but calls are filled with static and
quite distorted, so it's obviously not an option.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips for getting chan_capi working
with ulaw, or is this feature coming later on?

Thanks,

Shaun