[Asterisk-Users] load balancing 20 asterisk servers

Shaun Dwyer shaund at wadata.com.au
Tue Feb 1 21:30:38 MST 2005

Hi,

You may want to look into LVS (Linux Virtual Server). It allows load
ballancing in a highly configurable way.
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

We use it on our web and mail server to load ballance across multiple
hosts. The way we have it configured
it will maintain a session for 15 minutes between a client and a
specific server. So long as you have
qualify=yes in your configuration files, each client will continue to
talk to the one server until they are turned off/
deactivated for at least 15 minutes (or whatever time period you
configure into it). I've not tested LVS with
Asterisk, but it may be the right direction for you to take.

Cheers,
-Shaun