[Asterisk-Users] Terrible inbound call quality vs. outbound

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Tue Feb 1 16:21:52 MST 2005

Hi. I'm having a terrible time with call quality coming into my * box.

I'm using VoicePulse over a 1.5/1.5 mbit line. Outbound calls are
crystal clear on both the RX/TX sides of the conversation. Inbound
calls, though, are HORRIBLY garbled on the RX side. I can barely hear
the caller, but they report my quality is fine. Getting loads of
garbled sounds and weird echoes. (Could just be jumbled up voice
packets?)

Details:
2.4 GHz P4
Fresh Fedora Core 3 install