[Asterisk-Users] IAX native transfers

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 1 16:15:06 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 21:29 +0100, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:

> Gnomemeet --> * --> * --> Gnomemeet?

Gnomemeet --> * --> * --> firefly resp. sjphone, as said.

> and insert codecs and protocols everywhere.

          alaw   gsm    bridged for firefly
Gnomemeet ---> * ---> * -------------------> firefly/sjphone,
                        gsm for sjphone

          H323   IAX    IAX firefly
Gnomemeet ---> * ---> * -------------------> firefly/sjphone,
                        SIP sjphone

> I've seen these problems
> particularly when * <--> * over IAX with GSM was invovled. And of course
> state your Asterisk version. And then there is the question which *
> should interpret the #, is it *1 or *2?

OK, that'll be the answer. Unfortunately, there's no way to prevent
native bridging. So I guess because of that the # isn't interpreted
by the second server, as it is in the case of sjphone, although *
technically still is in the media path. Right?

Thanks, Bruno.