[Asterisk-Users] choppy sound after 15 minutes in a call

Anders F Eriksson afe at home.se
Tue Feb 1 14:37:36 MST 2005

I'm using X-Pro connected to an asterisk server (CVS-HEAD-01/27/05-23:17:07)
and after about 15 minutes in a call I get a lot of noise in my end. I don't
think the other part of the call hears it. After some 10 seconds or so
everything is fine again.

In my CLI I get NOTICE[32322]: RTP Transmission error to
85.xxx.xxx.xxx:35162: Operation not permitted. I get it on calls to the PSTN
through my X100P (clone) as well as call connected through my IP telephony
provider. I have also tried SJ-Phone and it happens with that as well.

At the moment my asterisk server is on a public IP adress, and my client
connects to it through an Intertex IX66 router. Before getting the router, I
had dual NICs in the linux box and connected the client directly with the
same problems...

I've searched the lists but haven't been able to find any good answer, so
any help is greatly appreciated :)

/Anders