[Asterisk-Users] Soft phones that _actually_ work under Linux?

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Tue Feb 1 14:05:13 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 07:41, Michael Van Donselaar wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:12:54 +1100, Howard Lowndes <lannet at lannet.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Surely there has to be one soft phone that works under Linux.
> >
> >I've tried:
> >kphone - it sometimes complains about the need to release the sound
> >device
> >linphone - sssssssslllllllllooooooooowwwwwww
> >iaxcomm - needs some strange widgets
>
> What does it ask for that you can't find?

This is the version:
-rw-r--r--   1 lannet lannet 1392640 Feb  1 06:37 iaxcomm-lin-1.0rc1.tar

and this is the error:
$ ./iaxcomm
Error wxWindows Fatal Error : Couldn't Initialize IAX Client .

> >various others - either only supplied as binaries, or just plain don't
> >work, or won't compile.
> >
> >Is there just one out there that is guaranteed to work with adequate
> >performance with FC2 or FC3.  I don't mind whether its SIP or IAX2 - I
> >just need it to _work_.

Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."