[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2 / RT31P2 + multiple G.729 calls

Leonardo Gomes Figueira sabbath at planetarium.com.br
Tue Feb 1 11:21:53 MST 2005

Hi,

anyone can confirm if the Linksys's ATA and Router (PAP2-NA and
RT31P2-NA) have the same limitation of just one G.729 call like the
Cisco ATA 186 ?

I'm testing both appliances here and found this issue but could not
confirm this anywhere (nothing on the manual, no document or post from
any user about this).

In my tests they use G.729 only on the first call and G.711 on the
others. If I disable G.729 on sip.conf for both peers they can't
establish a second call (ring but drop after answer). If there is
allow=ulaw on sip.conf I can establish 1 G.729 call and 3 G.711 with
RT31P2-NA (using three-way calling).

In PAP2-NA if I mark "Use Pref Codec Only" and there is one call
established, when I call the PAP2 it replies with "488 Not Acceptable Here".

Thanks,

     Leonardo

--

  Leonardo Gomes Figueira