[Asterisk-Users] Zap channel occasionally misses dialing the first digit

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Feb 1 09:55:52 MST 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> I am seeing this too, only I'm using 100% PRI.  I'm not sure how it would be a
> Zap problem since the Zap driver doesn't see any digits when you're dealing
> with PRI.
>
> Several tries later and it suddenly works....  It's very sporadic.

Do you have overlap dialing enabled on the outgoing interface? There used
to be a bug where the Asterisk zap channel tried to send the overlap
digits before the SETUP ACK was received.

There was a patch applied to cvs, but I am not sure it worked correctly
always. I have not had time to remove our very _very_ ugly workaround to
see if cvs works or not.

Peter