[Asterisk-Users] One extension, multiple endpoints

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.asterisk at lixfeld.ca
Tue Feb 1 09:31:04 MST 2005

I have a 7960 desk phone and I'm running x-lite on my laptop.  They are
both behind a NAT box so they would appear to * as being from the same
IP.  I'm trying to make them ring at the same time but appear to
everyone as one extension.  Is it possible to have them both register
to * as the same extension or should I just configure them both as
different extensions and have my dial plan ring them both and set
outbound caller ID on both to be the same extension?