[Asterisk-Users] Call Forward - Need Help

Pankaj Mishra voip_pankajm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 09:13:01 MST 2005

I have a situation, where call comes in on one PSTN line, (say 2125551212), and then I want to change the Caller ID & ANI to 2125551213, and then forward the call to 2125551214.

[incoming]
exten =>2125551212,1,Goto(outgoing,s,1)

[outgoing]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,SetCallerID(2125551213|a)
exten => s,4,wait(1)
exten => s,5,Dial(Zap/g1/2125551214,30)

The problem I am facing is, when I do this, then call doesnt get forwarded and I keep getting the error message from telephone company's switch.  I asked the phone company to trace the call and tell me what Callerid they are getting it, and they say, the caller id on outgoing call is the same as incoming call, and they are not able to verify the callerid, and hence they drop the call. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Pankaj