[Asterisk-Users] Re: mysql based adressbook with agi and web interface ?

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Tue Feb 1 08:55:26 MST 2005

Quoting asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com:

> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] mysql based adressbook with agi and web
> 	interface ?
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> Hi,
> I'm looking for adressbook that could easily integrate into Asterisk,
> so it should:
> - have agi script to search for caller id name
> - have fields for notes on previous contacts (for CRM spawning of
> FOP)
> - have web interface to edit entries easily ...
>
> Any advice, pointers ? What is your favourite address book to use
> with
> Asterisk ?

I can't speak to the AGI portion - interesting concept - but don't
forget interfacing with PIM's and display sets like Cisco 7960.

There is an addressbook on the wiki that creates Cisco 7960 address
books which I hacked to use the schema of my choice. Then use
integrators like Outlook Connect from Genius at Work to sync office
contacts with it. (Sorry gang, have to use Outlook in the corporate
world.) Outlook Connect syncs via SSH tunnel to the home server.

This gives me consistent context between Palm Treo (Palm syncs to
Outlook as part of Hotsync)/Outlook desktop at contract employer/home
grown customer management system at home & Cisco phones at home.
Adding dial-by-name type function would be very cool.

If you want the XML hack for the phones you are welcome to it but it's
not much other than some modification of the one on the wiki.
David Cook