[Asterisk-Users] Feature automon

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Tue Feb 1 08:47:17 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 09:04 -0600, asterisk-users-
request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> There is option automon => *1 in features.conf
> As I understand when *1 pressed during conversation => recording
> should
> begin. But unfortunately it doesn't work for me.
> I use CVS-HEAD-01/27/05
> Does anyone has that feature working?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Best Regards
> VladK

Vlad--

To record calls, you need to do this:

1. set the sequence to dial to trigger the feature in features.conf (you
did this).
2. Use the 'w' or 'W' option in the Dial application, called from
extensions.conf. This will enable the callee/caller to hit the *1 and
start recording the conversation.
3. When a recording is made, you will find it
in: /var/spool/asterisk/monitor, and the name of the file looks to have
the unix time of its initiation in the name: eg.
auto-1106235670-6-85878001.WAV

This is all true of the cvs HEAD version. Don't know how far back in the
version history it stretches....

murf